February 8, 2013

This is the morning of the dying sleep

This is the morning of the dying sleep. Once in tune with keys, no more. Trust is difficult when one...pauses. For the false start. Don't over think it. I repeat myself, and nothing new emerges. I weep because there is only weeping. I laugh because there is only weeping. Such hunger touches the inside of cheek, close to gum, and fall.

The day began as most with a rushing toward and away. Each minute of earliness lost in fog. There is no snow here. There is snow, but mostly ice.

In a darkened office, we spoke of narrative and image. Not narrative, but image and speech. I walked the campus and sat. One followed the next. As most days. I am exercising the fingers, which are stiff. Stale. The breath cannot be followed.

When the room fills with people and the story unfolds, not so much unfolding as a laying against ear and heart. Balanced vertebrates, sensitive and not.

This is the morning of the dying sleep. I repeat myself, and nothing new emerges. Once blue, this touch as gentle as carved pavement undertow.